Basic Rules for Care & Handling of Drill Pipe & Tubing
- Do NOT exceed recommended make-up torque value.
- ALWAYS move the pipe horizontally with protectors on the connections.
- Stabbing guides are MANDATORY for XT, HT, and PH-6.
- Be LIBERAL with the thread compound in the box and base of the box; use a copper-based (for drill pipe) or a compatible thread compound.
- Do not rack Drill Pipe back in derrick with thread protectors on pins.
- PH6 Tubing should be racked in derrick with thread protectors to prevent connection damages.
- Always return drill pipe with PLASTIC composite thread protectors and thread compound.