Preventing & Troubleshooting Connection Damages
- Document area of connection damages (pictures, report, etc.).
- Ensure torque gauges are calibrated correctly.
- Ensure the connections are correctly aligned.
- Document breakout torque; note if it is excessively higher than the make-up torque.
- Ensure the thread compound is clean and applied adequately.
- Ensure that the weight indicator is working properly.
- Check rotation speed during make-up (low or high).
- Check other tubulars on location for similar damages and indications.